Categories : Health Benefits
The healing system of Ayurveda and Siddha medicine offer numerous health benefits. That is the reason for why people across the world are turning to this natural therapy for treating their ailments and preventing diseases. Here are a few benefits of ayurvedic system of medicine:
- Ayurvedic and Siddha medicines are prepared from pure natural herbs. They do not contain any chemicals. Hence, they are free from harmful side effects.
- Each herb has unique medicinal properties and a pleasant flavor and aroma. These herbs act as a perfect mechanism to bring about a balanced synergy between the body, mind and spirit and promise to maintain the life indefinitely. In contrast to the synthetic drugs, these herbal medicines are considered much safer.
- Herbal medicines create an internal harmony among different organs of the body and also between the body and the surrounding environment. These medicines rejuvenate the entire body system and not just treat a specific ailment.
- The therapeutic value of Ayurveda and Siddha medicine ranges in a broad spectrum and acts as a preventive medicine. It helps in the rejuvenation of the entire immune system. It enhances the energy levels in the body and enlightens the soul, mind and the cognitive functions.
- Herbal remedies are nutritive and self-contained rendering them non-toxic and nourishing for the body.
- Ayurveda and Siddha medicine deal with not just the medical science, but also with the social, intellectual, ethical and spiritual aspects of the life of a person.
- Ayurvedic and Siddha medicine are non-invasive in nature. They can be used as an alternative therapy or alongside other conventional therapies.
- The natural ingredients used in ayurvedic and Siddha medicines are derived from herbs, plants, flowers, fruits, etc. making the therapy and the whole experience closer to the nature.
- The beneficial effects of herbal treatment last for a longer duration in contrast to the allopathic drugs whose action lasts only for a specific duration. The result of herbal treatment is usually permanent and helps a person avoid the recurrence of the illness.
- Ayurvedic medicines can be used even by the healthy people as they are restorative in nature and help in enhancing mental ability and nourishment of the body.
- Dubbed as the "science of life" or the "knowledge of life," Ayurveda can help people improve the overall quality of their life.